Thursday, March 5, 2015

Reading, Writing and Rams

Wow. It has been an intense reading period as well as shows caught up on and life in Hawaii continuing to be different as anything.

Read The Finishing School Books by Gail Carriger:


Really fun books. They're steampunk, set in the Parasol Protectorate world but before them. There are some carry-over characters in the vampires and werewolves. What's fun is that our heroine is a teenage girl with a great sense of adventure, learning to be a lady and a spy (and possibly a killer) and it both sends up and celebrates the mores of the Victorian era.

Also, it sets up an interesting romance with a very inappropriate suitor that at the end of Book 3 threatens to rip out the readers heart.

I'm caught up with the Walking Dead
and its possibly the best show I've ever watched. I swear, if they kill off Daryl, I'll become a zombie and eat the producer's face.

Survivor started and so far the first two shows have eliminated my immediate favorite players. I don't find many of the players likeable this season so it's interesting.

Finally reading Patricia Briggs. Read Alpha & Omega and that was really amazing. Now reading Cry Wolf. Carolyn is going to get me to read her favorite series if it kills her.

And our washing machine is broken so we have to go to the laundromat to do the wash and yesterday saw a ram parked outside the building. Not a Dodge Ram. A ram.

I freaking love Hawaii.


2 comments:

  1. OMG, you're reading Briggs!!! Thank you and I hope you like as much as I do.

    I intend to try the Finishing School books; I liked her Parasol Protectorate books, so we'll see. :-)

    Got to figure out which book I'll be reporting on next ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the goat looks good! Lol!

    ReplyDelete